Google has opened their first YouTube office in Canada, located at George Brown College.

YouTube Spaces were created in April to help grow and support YouTube channels through educational and technical services. According to Chris D’Angelo, global head of production and programming for YouTube Spaces, “the goal of YouTube Spaces is to help create better storytellers and allow YouTubers to make the most out of the video-sharing platform.”

Adam Relles, head of the YouTube space in New York City and an instrumental figure in opening the space in Toronto, explains, “You look at Toronto, and it’s a city that has its own culture and history of impact on creative — things like The Second City, and Kids in the Hall, and tonnes of music like Drake and The Weeknd… So, there is a significant influence.”

With the rise of Canadian YouTubers like JusReign, AsapSCIENCE, The Sorry Girls, Superwoman, and LaurDIY, it makes sense that Google would install an office in Canada, making a total of eight locations around the world.

The 3,500 square foot space is open to all YouTubers with over 10,000 subscribers. Once a YouTube content creator attains 10,000 subscribers, they are invited to an “Unlock the Space” orientation seminar designed to familiarize them with the environment and its capabilities. These capabilities include high-quality camera equipment, sound stages, special production programs, educational offerings, exclusive events, and screenings.

The space itself has a unique Toronto feel with contributions from design students at George Brown College. Each set in the space is inspired by different aspects of Canadiana. From the graffiti-mural by Toronto artist Runt, to the cottage rec-room including moose antlers and table hockey, each space reflects different parts of the Canadian experience.

Although exclusive benefits are limited to individuals with over 10,000 subscribers, access to the Space’s Online Creator Academy and Open Houses are available for anyone with a YouTube channel.