A power outage hit several buildings on the northern corner of the University of St. Michael’s College near St. Joseph Street on Monday morning, a result of the ice storm that has been making its way across southern Ontario since Saturday.

The affected buildings included Elmsley Hall, Brennan Hall, Carr Hall, the Queen’s Park building, and Odette Hall. According to an alert posted on the U of T website, “Arrangements have been made for students who remain in residence to get breakfast and shelter in the Kelly Library.” As of Monday afternoon, power had been fully restored, though the college administration have advised students, staff, and faculty to remain off-campus.

UTSC will remain closed until Monday evening at 5:00pm and proceed with the regularly scheduled exams at and after that time. Exams in the morning and the afternoon have been cancelled, with a new rescheduled date to be set soon by campus officials.

After being closed for most of the weekend, UTM has reopened and is fully operational, with all exams and shuttle buses proceeding as scheduled. The move garnered criticism from some students, who commented on social media that the extreme weather conditions and TTC cancellations make it difficult for commuters to make it to campus.