The Charity Foundation Rodyny Veseloho (Veselyy Family) bought the original painting by Boris Groh, “Russian warship, go f…,” in the auction in Lviv. This artwork became a symbol of Ukrainian resistance to the Russian aggressor. The head of the Foundation, Andriy Veselyy, spoke about the objective of this auction and their plan for the near future.

Many charitable foundations in Ukraine have joined their forces to support Ukrainian defenders as well as displaced people. For this reason, some exhibitions and auctions take place to fundraise and support Ukraine. For example, on July 16, a thematic exhibition was held in Drohobych, Lviv. The artwork of Boris Groh, “Russian warship, go f…,”  was also presented there. This event was complemented by a charity rap concert by Khas and a fundraiser for the Armed Forces of Ukraine. In addition, people on the square could write letters to Ukrainian defenders to encourage them and lift their fighting spirits.

Andriy Veselyy noted that he purchased the symbolic painting “Russian warship, go f…” at the auction, and the funds raised were used to buy two ambulances for Ukrainian defenders. Also, the fundraiser mentioned they could raise funds for vehicle maintenance. These ambulances were already sent to the war zone as well as the letters of Drohobych citizens.

As the head of the Charitable Foundation commented, the picture will not stay in Drohobych any longer. They orchestrated a charity tour around Europe and Canada. Thus, they believe it will help Ukraine receive more support and show the braveness and strength of the nation in fighting for their freedom, values and life. To achieve this plan, Andriy Veselyy is willing to reach Ukrainian diaspora representatives in other countries to conduct local exhibitions and fundraise for Ukraine.

The charitable organization “Charitable Foundation Rodyny Veseloho” was created by Andriy Veselyy in 2013, in particular, to help servicemen and families of deceased defenders. Since the beginning of the full-scale invasion of Russia on February 24, 2022, the Foundation has created a logistics hub in Drohobych. Now, it takes care of humanitarian aid for displaced persons, material aid for military units, and transfers personal protective equipment and transport to the front line.