Free Flicks

Heads up for you movie buffs! The Hart House Film Board will be showing a collection of free short films at the end of the month in the Hart House Music Room. A collection of flicks shot by members of the Board, the screenings will be on January 31st from 7pm on. Don’t say we didn’t give you enough notice.

U of T Professor has Wood

Faculty of Music professor/TSO clarinetist Joaquin Valdepeñas will be performing the Mozart Clarinet Concerto (one of his last works) at a TSO benefit performance for Toronto’s Out of the Cold and Annexus on Thursday, January 17 at St. Paul’s Anglican Church, 227 Bloor St. East. In case your holiday cheer has expired, he’s also giving it the what for on the January 16, 19 and 21st at Roy Thomson Hall.

Cheap Cool Photos

Ryerson students of photography, new media and film are having a print sale. If you are looking to check out some student work or just decorate your apartment, you can pick up any print of your choice for just $25. The showing takes place Friday, January 11th only, from 6 to 10 p.m. at the image arts building on the third floor, 122 Bond St.

Diverse entertainment

For a diverse evening of arts and artistic performance, check out the Bahá’ís of Toronto iMAGES showcase. The event provides a forum for the arts to demonstrate and support diversity of cultures, traditions, races, ethnicities, and religions, and supports initiatives for local and international development projects. It takes place Saturday, January 12 at 7:30 p.m. at 288 Bloor St. West.